It’s time for kids to go back to school and while you may be entirely focused on all of the things you have to do to get them ready, there’s one very important task that will make your school year a whole lot easier: cleaning your car.
A clean car offers many benefits for the start of the school year – the most important being that it will ease your stress and improve your mental health.
In this article, we’ll explain some of the benefits of a clean car for your mental health and how to clean and organize your family’s vehicle.
What Are the Benefits of a Clean Car?
There are many benefits to operating in a clean environment, whether it’s at home, your office or your car.
Studies have found that a clean space can:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Lower risk of depression
- Lead to a healthier lifestyle
- Improve your mood
- Increase your focus
According to Car Care, “Tidy spaces – your home, office and even your vehicle – does wonders for the mind, helping to relieve stress, boost performance and help you feel more energetic and happier. That’s right. A clean car can affect the way you think.”
How Do I Clean & Organize My Vehicle?
It can feel overwhelming at first to clean and organize your vehicle if you’ve gone too long without doing so, but we promise the end result will be well worth the effort.
We recommend following these steps to help you clean and organize your car:
- Find the Time. Carve out some time in the early morning or late evening – when our Texas weather is at its coolest – to work on your vehicle.
- Take Everything Out. We recommend pulling everything out of the vehicle and then deciding: what is trash, what needs to go inside the house, what needs to go back in the car?
- Deep Clean Your Vehicle. This is the hard part. Once you have everything out, go through and deep clean your car. This means:
- Vacuuming and/or shampooing carpets & fabric seats
- Spraying and cleaning leather seats
- Wiping down the front dash, steering wheel, radio and gears
- Cleaning doors and handles
- Wiping down windows
Don’t have the time or energy to deep clean your car? Call an auto detailer near you! Our interior auto details allow us to clean the inside of your vehicle using proven products and methods that won’t just provide you with a quick clean but lasting protection.
You can even opt for our full auto detail instead so we can clean the inside and outside of your car.
- Organize Your Car. Storage bins and containers are your new best friend when it comes to organizing your car, which you can learn more about in our complete guide to car organization. Below is a quick overview of what to consider as you organize:
- Keep Everyday Items within Reach
- Add a Trash Can to the Vehicle
- Don’t Use Your Car for Storage
- Organize Toys and Entertainment for Kids in Back Seat
- Have a Designated Place or Bag for Snacks
- Use Car Organizers & Mats for Pets
How Can Fort Worth Auto Detail Help Me?
We offer interior, exterior and full auto details at Fort Worth Auto Detail. Once you get everything out of the car, we can come in and do the deep cleaning for you. We love helping families find more joy in their vehicles by offering thorough details to give you a fresh start and restore the value of your car.
To schedule your auto detail, visit our Book Now page. You can choose a day and time that’s convenient for you and can either drop your vehicle off at our shop or we can come to you!